American Seaway Foods Inc is a company located in North Carolina, United States. It was founded in the year 1981 by F.
Eugene Sousa is engaged in the manufacture and sale of food products. Its headquarters are at 2728 Reily Street West, Charlotte, North Carolina 28206, USA.
American Seaway Foods Inc 15 Review
1. What is American Seaway Foods Inc?
American Seaway Foods Inc. (Formerly American Seaway Packaging of North Carolina) is a privately held company engaged in the manufacturing and distributing of food products. They are based in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
2. What is the revenue of this Company?
The revenue of this Company is USD 107.8 Million (As per FY 06) and USD 124.7 Million (as per FY 13).
3. What are the import and export data of this Company?
American Seaway Foods Inc, Inc exported goods worth USD 1.18 Million in FY 06 and USD 3.09 Million in FY 13. They imported goods worth USD 0.47 Million in FY 06 and 1.91 Million in FY 13.
4. What are the products of this Company?
Their products include “Whole Foods Market, Whole Foods Market Fresh Grains and Nuts, food and beverage drink products.” Listed below are some of their products:
· “Beanie with Almond, Caramel Apple, and Chocolate Nut Caramel Bars.”
· “Cinnamon Twist Cookie Eggnog Cups.”
· “Vanilla Ice Cream Bar Cookie Dough Rocky RoadÂ® Bars.”
5. What is the gross profit of this Company?
The gross profit of this Company is USD 7.17 Million (As of FY 06) and USD 12.0 Million (as of FY 13).
6. What are the prices of the products produced by this Company?
The prices range from USD 6.99 to USD 29.99, and the unit price ranges from $1.29 to $2.66, with a standard price range for Food & Beverages from $4.89 – $7.99.
7. What are the raw material of this Company?
They use the following raw materials: “dehydrated buttermilk, dehydrated whole milk (evaporated milk), glucose-fructose syrup, lactose (dried milk solids),” etc.
8. What is the distribution mode of this Company?
They have a good distribution network, and their products are sold through many distributors and dealers to reach retail customers directly or indirectly over the internet or by phone.
9. What is the strength of this Company?
The following are the major strengths of this Company:
1. The Company has a very good and modern manufacturing unit. The unit is certified by various regulatory bodies like:
· “FDA – US Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health and Human Services.”
· “KOSHER – Kashruth Council of America.”
· “NOP – National Organic Program.”
2. The Company has a very strong and well-organized distribution network. It has an excellent infrastructure and houses powerful marketing, R&D, warehousing, and sales departments.
10. What are the weaknesses of this Company?
The following are the weakness of this Company:
· “It does not have any direct presence in Mexico.”
· “Its products are not sold in some states.”
11. What are the growth strategies used by this Company?
The following are the strategies adopted by this Company:
1. The Company focuses on innovation while maintaining a good quality product range and proper and efficient distribution procedures. This helps them to retain customers and grow their business successfully.
2. They focus on research, development, efficiency, and growth, as well as on the quality of products, including maintaining high ethical standards, environment management systems that meet international standards, etc. This helps create a good name for their brand among customers and other industry participants.
3. The Company does not have any direct presence in Mexico. Their products are sold through distributors in Mexico.
4. The Company does not have any presence in some states; hence, customers from these states cannot directly contact the Company for purchases, etc. This is perhaps a shortcoming of the Company.
12. What are the sales channels used by this Company?
They have a good distribution network and sell their products through many distributors and dealers to reach retail customers directly or indirectly over the internet or phone.
13. What is the SWOT analysis of this Company?
The following are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis of this Company:
1. They have a very good and modern manufacturing unit certified by various regulatory bodies like FDA, KOSHER, etc.
2. The Company has a very strong and well-organized distribution network equipped with an excellent infrastructure and houses powerful marketing, R&D, warehousing, and sales departments.
1. The Company does not have any direct presence in Mexico. Their products are sold through distributors in Mexico.
2. The Company does not have any presence in some states; hence, customers from these states cannot directly contact the Company for purchases, etc. This is perhaps a shortcoming of the Company.
1. The Company is located in North America, “a region with several opportunities to grow.”
2. The Company has a high chance of success due to its high growth rate. They intend to open a new manufacturing unit in North Carolina and increase production capacity.
3. Their strategic alliances with other companies provide them with more growth opportunities. They have entered into business agreements with companies like: “Muffin Break Australia Pty Ltd, Panera Bread, etc.”
1. The Company faces stiff competition from competitors like Nestle SA, Cadbury Schweppes Plc., Kellogg Co., and Sara Lee Corp.
2. The Company seems to suffer from many quality issues as their products are found inferior in terms of taste, aroma, color, etc.
3. The Company is reportedly facing legal disputes with various food producers who have accused them of selling substandard products.
14. Does the management keep an eye on all aspects?
The management keeps an eye on all aspects and does everything possible to maintain positive growth in all organization departments. They keep an eye on the following areas:
The management always insists on maintaining good quality products to retain customers and appeal to new customers. The Company maintains a large modern manufacturing unit equipped with all the latest technologies, equipment, and machinery required to produce high-quality products.
The management ensures that the production units are well equipped with all the latest technologies, machinery, and equipment required to produce high-end products. The Company is rapidly expanding its production facilities to meet the growing demand for its products.
The management is also continuously improving its sales and increasing its customer base. They are equipped with a professional and powerful sales team to ensure effective and efficient marketing of their products over the web or through phone communications to reach a maximum number of customers in Mexico.
The management also focuses on training and developing their employees to meet all the industry’s challenges successfully. They have a very good training program for their employees to enhance their knowledge and skills necessary for effective work.
15. What are the recent developments at this Company?
The following are some of the recent developments at this Company:
1. Recently, the Company launched a new product in its portfolio named “Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars.” The Company has launched these new granola bars in four flavors.
2. Last year, the Company launched a new breakfast cereal named “Nestle Crunchy Granola Bars.”
3. The Company is planning to expand its production capacity. The management has designed to build a new manufacturing unit in North Carolina. They have also appointed some key individuals at their North Carolina-based facility to handle the expansion of their business activities, like joint ventures with Nestle SA, etc.
4. They have announced plans to open a new manufacturing plant in Mexico under its subsidiary name by the end of this year.
This was a case study about Nestle SA, a company that manufactures and markets products in North America. As you can see, the management of this Company has kept all the aspects under consideration while making business decisions.
The management of this organization is also actively involved in all activities related to their business to ensure that they have steady and positive growth through effective planning and execution.