Bourbon Chicken Chinese Food is a delicious dish that has been popular in the United States for several decades.
The recipe was created at the request of an American businessman who wanted to enjoy his favorite Kentucky bourbon with Asian food.
This dish combines fried chicken, vegetables, and noodles in a sweet and spicy ginger sauce flavored with soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, black pepper, and garlic, along with evaporated milk or cream (optional). It’s best served over steamed rice.
Bourbon Chicken can be made using either bone-in or boneless pieces of chicken; however, if you use it without bones, it will not have as much flavor because the bones are where most of the flavor is stored.
If you don’t like bones in your Bourbon Chicken, you can make it using boneless chicken, and it will still taste great.
What is bourbon chicken?
Bourbon Chicken is one of the most famous Bourbon chicken restaurant recipes. Other restaurateurs have copied the recipe,
but many claim that the original recipe tastes better than their versions because you can eat it with rice and other side dishes, enhancing the flavor.
Bourbon Chicken Chinese Food
You might not think of bourbon chicken when you think of Chinese food. But this dish is a popular Chinese-American dish that combines the sweet and savory flavors of bourbon sauce with tender chicken.
While there are many different versions of this dish, we’ve come up with our understanding that will please your taste buds.
You may like: Hawaii 5 O Chinese Food: Tiki Bar Special
Is Bourbon Chicken Chinese or Japanese?
Bourbon Chicken was developed by Chinese immigrants who migrated to the United States, and later on, they started selling their special dish in restaurants.
This is why it’s known as a Chinese recipe. However, this doesn’t mean that it’s not delicious and can’t be found in Japanese or other Asian restaurants either due to its popularity among people of these cultures.
How to prepare Bourbon Chicken Chinese Food?
You will need a deep skillet or a wok, a strainer, and a large bowl to prepare this recipe. Use the deep skillet or the wok to fry your chicken pieces in peanut oil until golden brown for about 10-12 minutes.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- All your favorite vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- Your choice of grain
- rice, noodles, etc.
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and flour together.
2. Place the chicken in the egg mixture and coat well.
3. In a deep skillet or a wok, fry your chicken pieces in peanut oil for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
4. Remove from heat and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
5. In the same oil, fry your vegetables until tender and set them aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
6. Use the remaining oil to fry your choice of grain (rice or noodles, for example). Then set it aside as well.
7. Allow your chicken pieces to cool before chopping them into bite-sized chunks.
8. Now, you can put all your ingredients together in a large pot or pan and heat them until the sauce is thick enough to coat the chicken and vegetables well.
Serve your Bourbon Chicken Chinese Food with steamed rice and all the sides that you like.
7 Benefits of Bourbon Chicken Chinese Food
1. The Bourbon in this recipe provides antioxidants that help to protect the body against free radicals, which are known for causing cell damage and impairing healthy immune function.
2. The peanuts used to make this dish provide protein and healthy fats; therefore, they will help you feel full longer after eating it.
3. This dish is rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, C, and E and potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
4. Bourbon Chicken is an excellent source of dietary fiber, which can help to regulate digestion and prevent constipation.
5. The ginger in this recipe has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body.
6. The chicken in this dish is a good source of protein that helps build and maintain muscle mass.
7. Bourbon Chicken is low in calories and carbs, making it an excellent choice for people trying to lose weight or manage their blood sugar levels.
What does bourbon sauce taste like?
The bourbon sauce in this recipe is made with soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, rice vinegar, and bourbon.
It’s a sweet and tangy sauce that goes well with chicken and vegetables. You can also adjust the flavors to your liking by adding more or less of any ingredients.
Can you make Bourbon Chicken without bourbon?
Bourbon Chicken tastes best when made with bourbon, but if you’re not a fan of this alcoholic beverage or do not consume alcohol, you can replace the bourbon in this recipe with grape juice.
Other than that, all the other ingredients don’t need to be altered because they provide plenty of flavor on their own.
The history of bourbon chicken
The history of bourbon chicken is somewhat murky, like many legends and traditions in China. There are a series of urban legends:
it’s named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans; a Kentucky colonel inspired the founder; there wasn’t even any bourbon at its inception.
The most common narrative is that this dish was invented in Taiwan (specifically, the city of Tainan) by a restaurant called Hinode.
The goal of the blog post was to promote Bourbon Chicken Chinese Food. We were able to talk about how it’s an authentic dish that is well-known in China and has been around since the 1970s. It also included a recipe for people interested in making their food at home.
We hope that this article will help you understand why bourbon chicken is so popular with many cultures, not just Americans. For more information on what we can do for your company, please don’t hesitate to reach out!