Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada the Southern Hemisphere, it’s now summertime, and we’re all dreaming of barbecues and other warm-weather fun.
One dish that never fails to satisfy my cravings for a hearty meal is Carne guisada con Arroz y Ensalada (literally meaning “stewed beef with rice and salad).
It’s an easy weeknight dish that can be prepared ahead of time so that you can enjoy your evening guilt-free.
What is Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada?
Carne guisada is a hearty dish of tender beef cubes stewed with tomatoes, onions, and other seasonings. It is traditionally served with rice and a side salad.
How to make Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada
- 2 pounds stew beef cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes (I used fire-roasted)
- 3 cups chicken broth (you can use vegetables if you prefer)
- 2 bay leaves
1. Dredge the beef cubes in flour, season with salt and pepper, and brown in the oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pot, sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Stir in crushed tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
3. Return beef to the pot and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
4. Serve over hot cooked rice or with a side of warm tortillas or bread if you prefer
5. Serve with a green salad on the side.
Nutrititon facts of Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada
Health Benefits of Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada
Carne guisada is a tasty way to get your daily dose of iron. One serving of this meal packs 12 percent of the Daily Value for this mineral, which keeps blood cells healthy and increases energy levels. Iron also strengthens the immune system and builds muscle mass.
Carne guisada is high in selenium, a mineral that supports the proper functioning of your thyroid gland, reduces the risk of certain cancers, and helps regulate metabolism.
Selenium also supports the immune system and protects the heart by lowering “bad” LDL cholesterol levels.
A serving of Carne guisada has more than 100 percent of your daily value of vitamin B-12, an essential vitamin that promotes red blood cell formation, maintains healthy nerve tissue, and helps your body use folic acid. Vitamin B-12 also helps maintain a healthy digestive system and nervous system.
5 Best Serving ideas of Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada
1. Serve the meat and the rice in separate bowls and sprinkle the meat with chopped fresh cilantro.
2. Mix the rice with a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese and stir in a small amount of chopped fresh onion for flavor, if desired.
3. Spoon some of the sauce over grilled vegetables as an entree or side dish.
4. Top scrambled eggs or other breakfast foods with portions of the beef mixture and serve immediately for a quick meal idea.
5. Add a serving of meat to a salad for a hearty meal.
How to store Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada
This food is best kept refrigerated and will keep for up to 3 days. There are so many possibilities for what you can make with the beef in this dish.
I love this recipe because there are so many ways to customize it, and my family always enjoys what I serve them.
Is It Healthy?
Carne guisada is a tasty way to get your daily dose of iron. One serving of this dish packs 12 percent of the Daily Value for this mineral, which keeps blood cells healthy and increases energy levels. Iron also strengthens the immune system and builds muscle mass.
Try to make Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada in your kitchen. Enjoy its delicious taste and keep healthy.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze this food. Cool the food completely and then transfer it to a freezer bag. Use within 3 months for best quality.
Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada is delicious and healthy; try these amazing recipes in your kitchen.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This meal is gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free tomato sauce.
Is It Good For You?
Yes, this food is very good for you. It’s a healthy vegetable dish that you can eat because of the large amounts of vegetables.
Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada has always reminded me of my childhood in South Texas.
The Bottom Line
Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada is a beef dish that combines beef and vegetables. It is served with rice, salad, and tortillas.
This meat dish comes from Spain and many cultures in South America; it is a favorite at home and in restaurants worldwide. Carne Guisada Con Arroz Y Ensalada is a tasty dish with many possibilities.