Chinese Food Meme is a popular internet meme commonly used to express deep disappointment or dissatisfaction in response to the great food served at Chinese restaurants.
The meme can then be accompanied by a photo depicting the dismal food served in said restaurant.
The origin of the meme comes from an unlikely source:
Old Navy’s 2013 holiday advertising campaign. One of the ads featured a woman enjoying her meal and exclaiming, “I’m done!” after finishing it off with some hot and sour soup.
What is Meme?
The meme is an internet terminology used to describe a cultural expression that spreads quickly from person to person, often reducing the original meaning of the phrase. These expressions are typically funny or exciting and can be shared online.
How to make a Chinese food meme
- Fried rice.
- Pork egg rolls.
- Hot and sour soup.
- Soy sauce.
- A bowl.
- A fork.
- A spoon.
There is an old navy ad for their holiday campaign with a woman eating her meal and saying “I’m done!” with the subtitle “When hot & sour soup is just what you need” below.
1) Wash your hands and cut your fingernails if they are long enough to grab food with your hands (such as fried rice).
2) Bring a large pot of water to boil, and fill another bowl with cold water. Place the bowl with the hot water near your cooking station.
3) Heat a large flat-bottomed pan over medium heat, allow it to get hot enough that you can see some smoke rising from it. Take a small sample of rice and place it in the middle of the pan; if it sizzles, then you are good to go. If not, turn down your heat or wait longer for a more intense heat buildup.
4) Place the pork egg rolls into the hot pan, put your fork into the short part of the roll and slowly stir until they are golden brown on all sides. Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl of cold water.
5) Line up your ingredients in front of you: fried rice, pork egg rolls, hot and sour soup, soy sauce, a bowl filled with hot water to dip your spoon or chopsticks into for cooking soup, a fork, and a spoon.
6) Trim your fingernails, if needed, and cut off a corner of the towel with a clean pair of scissors. Place your hands into the bowl filled with cold water and wring out as much water as you can without touching anything.
7) Place your chopsticks into the chopstick holes of the egg rolls, pick up an egg roll with one hand and flip it until you find the right spot.
8) Take a bite out of each egg roll and put it in your mouth. Do not chew, but let it dissolve.
9) Continue cooking fried rice in the same way with your hand submerged into the bowl of cold water until it is done. Do not overcook, and make sure to stir or often toss to prevent sticking.
10) Take a bite of the fried rice and let it sit in your mouth for a moment before you start chewing. Try to get a feel for how hot or spicy the fried rice is without overdoing it.
11) Put your spoon into the bowl of hot water and dip it into the soup, then into your spoon, and finally back out of the water.
12) Pour a spoonful of hot and sour soup into your mouth. Remember that it is probably very spicy, so be ready for the gusto.
13) Dab soy sauce onto your fried rice with chopsticks.
14) Take a bite of the fried rice, being careful not to spill it all over yourself – you wouldn’t want to leave any crumbs behind.
15) Begin the process again.
Nutrition facts of Chinese food meme
|Calories||7,000 – 1,000 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||1 gram – 0.2 grams|
|Protein||10 grams – 1.1 grams|
|Fat||70 grams – 6.9 grams|
|Fiber||50% – 0.7%|
The benefits of the Chinese food meme
1. It Is a great snack, as it is usually eaten with chopsticks.
2. It Is a great way to kill time if you’re bored and need something to do.
3. It Is edible and enjoyable for many people, especially children, who can get bored with the same old food that their parents make all the time.
4. Keeps your stomach full for a long time, so you can eat it again when you feel like eating the same meal again.
5. It Is a great way to show your rage at the crappy Chinese food you just had.
6. It Is more satisfying than any other crappy meal you can get from a store or fast food place.
7. It Is a very spicy and tasty meal that makes it hard for you to eat anything afterward, which is good for losing weight.
8. It has many healthy ingredients in it, such as protein and carbs.
9. It Is usually very inexpensive, so you can buy a lot of them and eat one every day without having to worry too much about it.
10. It is a great thing to do with your friends on a weekend night to kill time, as it takes less than an hour to make.
Where Can I Buy It??
It isn’t easy to find it in a store, as most do not carry it. However, I have found one spot on Amazon that sells the same thing that Old Navy does,
and it is cheaper than Old Navy’s price, anywhere from 60% to 80% off. If you’re interested in buying some for yourself or your lover, go here: http://www.amazon.
Can I Freeze It?
It’s usually not recommended to freeze the rice, as it can make it grainy and hard to eat. However, I have tried it once, and I think it’s ok.
So there you go! Enjoy your Chinese food meme!
Is it Good for Digestion?
This meal is not suitable for digestion since it has a lot of fried food, which is not ideal for your stomach. However, if you take the time to chew it well,
it will break down a lot better, and you won’t have any indigestion problems. Also, make sure to belt out some burps after you finish eating, as that’ll also help with your digestion.
To conclude the Chinese food meme, I’d like to say that it is a great meal for anyone who loves an enjoyable and delicious meal.
It is also recommended for anyone who has to eat alone, as you can cook it yourself instead of ordering takeout or cooking a meal on your own.
Also, do not eat this if you have a weak stomach, as this meal can be extremely spicy and hard to digest.