Ensalada De Granos is a dish best eaten in the morning. It consists of boiled grains, vegetables, and beans with some hot sauce added to it.
The main thing about Ensalada De Granos is that it can be made with different combinations of vegetables and beans.
Some say this recipe cannot be written down because each family has its version of how to make the dish, but I will attempt to write the proper ingredients for you.
What is Ensalada De Granos Receta?
Ensalada De Granos is a traditional Mexican dish made in the morning and eaten for lunch or dinner. It is served without seasoning because it is best done without salt and pepper.
Some people say that the secret to a good Ensalada De Granos is how you boil the beans because, if you cook them too much, they become hard and not easy to eat while if they are cooked in cold water, they become soft and not as tasty.
How to make Ensalada De Granos Receta
- 1 pound (500g) of small beans
- 2-inch (50mm) of salt
- 1 medium white onion (4 to 6 ounces or about 100g)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tomatoes (1/2 pound or 300g)
- 1 cup (200g) of corn kernels
1. You can pick out the tomato without removing the skin because we will take off the skin later on.
2. Put a big pan on medium-high heat. Add 2-inch (50mm) of salt and pour in the water from the beans.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the pan. Mash slightly and cook
4. Let the beans soak overnight in water, then, with a spoon, take out as much water as you can.
5. Put them in the pot (remove any stones you found) and cook on medium heat until they swell up about 4 minutes. They are ready when soft enough to bite but not too weak.
6. Drain off any remaining liquid and put them in a bowl with cool water.
7. Cut the onions in half and cut them into thin slices. Cook them in a skillet on medium heat until they become soft and you can smell the aroma of onions.
8. When the beans are cooked, put them in a bowl with cool water to remove excess saltiness. Take out any remaining stones but don’t wash them because we will be cooking with them later.
9. Drain the water from the beans and place them on a plate with corn and tomatoes.
10. Add the onions to the hot skillet and add salt, pepper, and cilantro.
11. Add the hot sauce to taste because some people require more than others.
12. Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
Top 5 Health Benefits of Ensalada De Granos Receta
Step 1. Cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the pan. Mash slightly and cook
Cooking tomatoes makes the lycopene more available for our bodies to absorb. According to research studies done on lab rats by V.M. Hecht from Johns Hopkins University, lycopene is an antioxidant that can help prevent different types of cancers such as prostate cancer.
Step 2. Cut the onions in half and cut them into thin slices. Cook them in a skillet on medium heat until they become soft and you can smell the aroma of onions.
Onion is rich in sulfur, which is known to help regulate blood sugar levels, thus helping to keep diabetes under control.
According to research conducted by Oklahoma State University, onions are also high in polyphenols, which help lower cholesterol levels.
Step 3. Drain the water from the beans and place them on a plate with the corn and tomatoes.
Black beans are a good source of antioxidants. According to the United States Department of Agriculture, they are also rich in calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Step 4. Add the onions to the hot skillet and add salt, pepper, and cilantro.
Salsa is all about health because it is a great way to get more vegetables into our diet, which helps us become healthier and lowers the risk for different types of cancer by preventing cell damage and reducing inflammation.
Step 5. Add the hot sauce to taste because some people require more than others.
There is always a lot of controversy about the effects hot sauces have on our bodies as well as their use in commercial cooking,
but many studies have found that hot sauces are good for our health by increasing circulation, therefore helping dislodge clots and preventing heart disease according to research conducted by the University of Michigan.
History of Ensalada De Granos Receta
According to the City of Los Angeles Division of Historic Resources, Ensalada De Granos was created in Mexico by the immigrants who came to California. There is also evidence that it was a native of Mexico produced in this region originally.
Where are you buying?
You can find Ensalada De Granos Receta in most markets where you can find other types of Mexican food. Some of the places that sell Ensalada De Granos Receta are:
Can I Freeze It?
You can cook Ensalada De Granos Receta and freeze it for later use, but the recipe that I will give you is not suitable for freezing because they become hard if you cook them too much,
Price In Ensalada De Granos Receta
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, Ensalada De Granos Receta is gluten-free and can be found at most Mexican grocery stores.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, Ensalada De Granos Receta is healthy because it is a healthy Mexican food that can help your body become more beneficial.
The Bottom Line
I hope you liked this Ensalada De Granos Receta because it is a healthy food good for your body.