It is an Ensalada De Repollo Morado made with a white sauce, chopped green cabbage, and roasted chicken pieces.
Served cold and usually done during the summer.” Here is a delicious recipe to try when you have leftover cooked cabbage in the fridge!
If you have leftovers, this one is for you! Enchiladas are practically a staple in our home. They are easy to make and cheap and healthy, which makes them perfect for weekly dinners.
What is Ensalada De Repollo Morado?
Ensalada De Repollo Morado is a cold lettuce and fresh tomato salad. It is also called a “spinach-and-tomato salad.” This is my take on it when I can’t wait for the heat to go away and the rising temperatures.
How to make Ensalada De Repollo Morado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salad dressing (or mayonnaise)
- 1 small chopped onion slices
1. Mix the mayonnaise, salad dressing (or mayonnaise), and chopped onion. Stir until the ingredients are mixed properly.
2. Add salt and pepper based on your taste preference. Now, it’s time to add the cabbage. Spread the cabbage over a serving dish.
3. Pour the sauce over cabbage and lightly mix it around so that the sauce coats the cabbage evenly.
4. You can use a pastry wheel to cut the cabbage into thin slices for a more professional presentation. Place the pieces on top of the cabbage and sauce.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and your favorite tomato dish. Enjoy your meal!
6. If you are in a hurry, mix all ingredients (except for tomatoes) and serve in individual bowls.
Health Benefits of Ensalada De Repollo Morado
Ensalada De Repollo Morado is a low-calorie dish compared to other words out there for the same nutrition.
Eggs and chicken can be found in this salad. Eating eggs once in a while is natural. The combination of egg, chicken, and cabbage makes it an excellent source of protein and zinc, which are important nutrients for your health.
Cabbage is rich in vitamins A, B5, C, and E, calcium, iron, and potassium, essential for maintaining good health.
Price In Ensalada De Repollo Morado
This dish is a good source of vitamins and minerals for your body and budget. The leftover chicken will cut down on preparation time.
You can make this in less than 10 minutes, but the longer you marinate the cabbage (not the chicken), the better it tastes! This means you’ll want to marinate it overnight!
Amazing 10 Serving Ideas of Ensalada De Repollo Morado
1. Add some more veggies in your Ensalada De Repollo Morado. You are sure to love the results!
2. Make a seasoning with garlic, red pepper flakes, jalapeño, mustard paste (or other dry spices), salt, and black pepper for the cabbage salad. Serve with rice and grilled chicken for an easy meal.
3. Add cooked shrimp to your Ensalada De Repollo Morado. It is an excellent seafood dish that can be prepared quickly.
4. Add sautéed ground beef or chicken to your Ensalada De Repollo Morado and serve with warm tortillas and shredded cheese.
The beef, chicken, cheese, and tortilla combination will leave you full but not feeling heavy after eating.
5. Take your Ensalada De Repollo Morado to a different level by making it into quesadillas. This can also be served with warm tortillas.
6. Take your Ensalada De Repollo Morado to a different level again by making it into calzones. This can also be served with warm tortillas.
7. Cook a simple chicken dish with mushroom and broccoli soup and serve hot with Ensalada De Repollo Morado. The combination of the broth, chicken, and vegetables in the soup will give you more nutrients than if you had eaten each dish separately, which is the reason behind the health benefits of Ensalada De Repollo Morado.
8. Add chopped cooked potato to your Ensalada De Repollo Morado for an additional fiber benefit.
9. Serve Ensalada De Repollo Morado with a piece of bread or tortilla and make it into an egg dish.
10. Add some cooked pasta to the Ensalada De Repollo Morado, and you’ll have a different but healthy meal.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes! You can freeze Ensalada De Repollo Morado without any problem. It would help if you took note of the date you prepared it and the items that it was ready with.
Freezing all ingredients, so they don’t mix when you reheat them is recommended.
How to store?
To store Ensalada De Repollo Morado, take it out of the fridge at least half an hour before you plan to serve it. It will last for up to a week.
Is It Healthy?
Ensalada De Repollo Morado is healthy when made with the right ingredients. It can be served fresh or even cooked. You can mix and match components to your liking. Ensalada De Repollo Morado is a satisfying dish with many health benefits and vitamins.
Only two main ingredients are needed to make this dish. Cabbage and tomato are both packed with valuable nutrients that feed your body well when you’re sick or want to eat something healthy.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This is a safe dish to eat on a gluten-free diet. Check ingredients to make sure that there are no hidden gluten ingredients.
Is It Vegetarian?
Ensalada De Repollo Morado is a healthy meal for vegetarians and vegans. This recipe does not contain any meat, which qualifies it as vegetarian (because you can use chicken or any other meat instead of chicken). However, the sauce can be meat without alarming vegans and vegetarians.
How long does it take to cook?
Ensalada De Repollo Morado is made quickly. You don’t need to marinate the cabbage for a long time because the sauce will do most of the marinating for you.
What are the calories?
Ensalada De Repollo Morado has only 345 calories in a very large serving (1 cup). This means that you can eat a lot with this healthy meal.
Does it have carbs?
Ensalada De Repollo Morado is a low-carb dish with only 6.1 grams of carbohydrates.
Is it good for breakfast?
Yes! You can enjoy Ensalada De Repollo Morado for breakfast. Enjoy your healthy meals any time of the day, as long as you’re eating healthy and nutritious food.
If you search for a healthy recipe made from a long list of ingredients, then Ensalada De Repollo Morado is the dish for you.
It’s simple to make and can be prepared using only two main ingredients. All sides of the plate will be filled with nutrition and vitamins while it will taste delicious!
It is a light meal that is easy to prepare with just a few ingredients, such as cabbage and tomato. You don’t need any cooking skills to make this dish.