Freddy’s Salad is a healthy and delicious salad that also happens to be gluten-free and vegan. I wanted to create a salad that tasted great, was easy on the stomach, and had some nutritional value.
It’s not difficult to make or eat! The whole idea is something you can make in less than 10 minutes without compromising anything.
This is an all-inclusive recipe with lots of vitamins from vegetables and nutrients from groundnuts without sacrificing taste for healthiness.
What is Freddy’s Salad?
Freddy’s Salad is a balanced, nutrient-filled salad that will leave you feeling good. This recipe is for a big bowl, about two servings.
I know that the ingredients may sound strange at first, but trust me on this one. The sweet potato gives it a nice creamy taste and a consistency that isn’t just lettuce and dry groundnuts (peanuts).
As many people do, I like to mix all the ingredients with vinegar in my salad dressing rather than mixing it into peanut butter.
How to make Freddy’s Salad
- 1 baked sweet potato,
- boiled and cut into small chunks
- 1 small bunch of spinach
- 1/2 handful of black-eyed peas
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1. Fry the sweet potato and spinach on one side until soft and fluffy. You don’t have to cook them fully until they are ready.
2. Allow them to cool completely. The spinach will wilt a little further in the dressing, and your Salad will taste more delicious.
3. Toast the peanuts for 90 seconds on a hot grill (in a non-stick pan) or in a pan with some oil on it.
4. Put the spinach, sweet potato, peanut butter, and groundnuts in a large bowl. Mix with some oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Pour some vinegar into your bowl and mix with a tablespoon until you reach your taste preference for acidity. You can also use lemon juice if you prefer vinegar.
6. Add the vinegar and peanut butter. Mix until everything is incorporated. You can eat it now or refrigerate it later as a salad.
7. Serve with lettuce and groundnuts to eat with it while you’re eating.
Health Benefits of Freddy’s Salad
Black-eyed peas are a good way to get your Vitamin A and Vitamin K. this helps maintain a healthy immune system, enables your body to fight off illness and infections, and keeps your eyes healthy.
Spinach is high in Vitamins A, C, K, folate, calcium, and iron. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties, reducing the risk of various inflammatory disorders such as heart disease and arthritis.
It is also a great source of antioxidants that aid in cellular repair. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamins A and C.
They also contain Vitamin B6 and manganese. These are necessary for healthy skin, a strong immune system, metabolic function, cardiovascular health, etc.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes, it is! There are no weird ingredients in Freddy’s Salad. It’s packed with nutrition, and if you eat it with lettuce, tomatoes, and groundnuts, as I do, you will feel fuller than when eating a dry salad.
The combination of peanut butter and vinegar is perfect for those new to eating healthy as it has such a strong taste that people will not be able to tell that they are eating something healthy if they are accustomed to processed foods.
Best 5 Freezing Ideas for Freddy’s Salad
1. Freeze the spinach and sweet potato separately to have a healthier alternative to fast food.
2. Put the entire recipe in a freezer bag after making it, and leave it there until you’re ready to eat it.
3. Chilling is essential for the Salad. Otherwise, it will become soggy and may not taste as good as when you first made it (the dressing will get watery).
4. Make it in small batches and serve it daily with different fruits like strawberries or mangoes to keep things interesting.
5. Make a large batch of Freddy’s Salad and eat it as a meal on its own. No need to feel hungry, Is It.
Suitable For Pregnant Women?
It is. Spinach and sweet potato are good for pregnant women because they are high in folate and iron, which support the baby’s immune system development.
The black-eyed peas contain high levels of copper, an essential nutrient that supports blood sugar levels and helps protect against diabetes. They also contain thiamin, which prevents nerve damage caused by diabetes.
Is Freddy’s Salad Good For Other Conditions?
It is. Ginger, turmeric, and black pepper are powerful antioxidants that help you feel less tired and energetic.
They also help fight the free radicals that are thought to be one of the main causes of aging. Peanut butter is rich in healthy fats, which keep your skin looking young and healthy.
Can Freddy’s Salad Be Made In Advance?
It can be. If you’ve made the ingredients ahead of time, keep them in the fridge for up to two days. You can then put it together in advance and eat it on the same day with lettuce and groundnuts.
Freddy’s Salad is a healthy meal that tastes good. It is a cold salad, so we often put it in the fridge to eat later.
However, you can eat it if your fridge isn’t too cold, or even better, have it with lettuce and groundnuts as I do!
This recipe was inspired by my friend Erick and his mother, who used to make this Salad for dinner several times a week when I used to work at their house as an intern.