Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe, in addition to its delicious flavor and lovely texture, is the perfect side dish for a backyard BBQ or potluck.
This recipe requires minimal ingredients, making it easy to make and serve. Use this potato salad during the summer because it’s filled with fresh vegetables, perfect for grilling.
What is Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe?
Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe is a simple potato salad that features potatoes, egg, green onions, and spicy mayonnaise with cumin.
It’s very similar in flavor and consistency to the popular Italian potato salad. Still, it’s not to be mistaken for the typical potato salad that you might find at your local deli.
How does Gordon Ramsay make potato salad?
Gordon Ramsay does not use typical American ingredients, and he also does not use mayonnaise. But his potatoes are unseasoned, which makes them very bland.
I’ve included step-by-step instructions for a more traditional potato salad.
- 1 lb. of mixed baby potatoes, parboiled
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded (desired amount)
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise (I preferred this recipe because it had more flavor and less leftover oil than other recipes)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced into one-inch pieces
- Salt to taste (or pepper if you prefer)
- Jarred hot sauce for garnish
1. Boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender.
2. Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly and refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
3. Shred the cabbage and chop up all your fresh herbs, set aside for later use.
4. Pour boiled potatoes into a bowl and add salt, pepper, cumin mayonnaise (that’s what I used), chopped green onions, and cabbage. Stir until everything is evenly coated in dressing.
5. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least two hours before serving. If you want to let it chill overnight, you can do so, but it started tasting good after two hours.
6. Serve with hot sauce as a garnish and enjoy!
History of Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
Many people have used this potato salad to complement their BBQ meat dishes as an alternative to coleslaw.
The Juan Pollo Potato Salad recipe has been an American staple for years, but there’s no telling what year it was developed.
Its history can be traced back to the summer of 2012 when the inventor of this recipe had a big BBQ in his backyard. He invited his family and neighbors and cooked up some delicious chicken pieces on his grill.
Price In Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
This potato salad has a price tag of just $5, so it’s affordable for anyone. The average price for this dish is about $3, which is still affordable since you can find cheaper versions at grocery stores.
But if you want to save money on this recipe, then use the ingredients your neighbors and friends won’t eat. Everything starts as food, but some things don’t have any nutritional value.
Benefits of Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
Dishes with vinegar are said to be beneficial for your heart and body. This is because they help you digest foods more easily, and they also have a taste that can enhance the flavor of other dishes.
The Juan Pollo Potato Salad recipe is a great dish for picnics, dinner parties, or any other outdoor event because it’s easy to prepare, and it can feed a lot of people in just one sitting. You can even sneak some of this salad into your kids’ lunches.
6 Health Nutrition of Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
1. Potatoes are known as a very important source of Vitamin B6. They have a high concentration of this vitamin which is essential for the n ervous system, immune system, and cholesterol regulation.
2. Potatoes are also rich in dietary fiber, which is good for your digestive tract and helps balance your hormones.
3. The Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe has almost no saturated fat, making it an ideal dish for people who want to lose weight and lower their cholesterol levels.
4. Green onions and cabbage are great sources of Vitamin A.
5. This Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe is also low in sodium, beneficial for people with high blood pressure and heart diseases.
6. Cumin is a traditional herb that’s used in dishes all around the world. It’s been used to remedy digestion problems, toothaches, indigestion, and more.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes! This potato salad will freeze very well. If you want to make a large batch of it for future use, then divide the mixture into different collections. Then freeze it in ice cube trays and transfer them to freezer bags once they’re frozen solid.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes! This Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe is very healthy and nutritious for pregnant women because it has a lot of Vitamin C, essential for cell development and tissue growth.
How Long Can It Last?
This potato salad will last for up to three days in the fridge if you seal the container properly. But if you’re enjoying the salad daily, then you might want to make a fresh batch every time.
Is It Spicy?
There is nothing spicy about this Juan Pollo Potato Salad recipe, but you can still add a bit of cayenne pepper to spice it up a notch.
How Many Calories are in Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe?
This potato salad recipe has just 110 calories per serving. If you’re watching your weight, you can add more cabbage or even celery to make it taste better and give it more crunch.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
This salad is made entirely of natural ingredients, so it’s a great choice for diabetic patients. You can also skip the mayonnaise and add more of the dressing.
If you have diabetes, it’s best to follow your doctor’s orders to eat healthy food. This potato salad recipe has no sugar or salt, but you might want to add some salt if you have high blood pressure or diabetes.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
This is a healthy recipe that has no cholesterol in it. It will help you lower your cholesterol level and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Does It Contain Gluten?
No! This dish doesn’t contain gluten, but it’s still not healthy for people with celiac or wheat allergy problems.
The Juan Pollo Potato Salad recipe is good for all ages, but it’s especially beneficial for pregnant and breastfeeding women. It also has no fat, so you can serve it to your family and friends without worrying about their health.