Lou Malnati’s Salad Recipe is a family recipe passed down to his father’s current owner, Lou Malnati Jr…
Although created for the restaurant, this recipe has become so popular that it is now offered nationwide in grocery stores.
What is Lou Malnati’s Salad Recipe?
Lou Malnati’s Salad Recipe is an Italian salad dish created by Lou Malnati Jr.’s father. When the recipe was originally developed, it was intended to be served as a side dish/appetizer at Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria restaurants.
However, in recent years the popularity of this recipe has grown and now can be found in grocery stores all over America.
How to make Lou Malnati’s Salad Recipe
- 6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese (24-30 slices)
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil–divided use
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cooked and sliced into strips or bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups) and split service.
- 3/4 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound).
1. preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss shredded mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, and olive oil to coat evenly.
3. Place ham slices on a rack set in a shallow roasting pan and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes to warm through or until lightly browned.
4. In a small bowl, mix half of the mayonnaise mixture with the cooked chicken.
5. In a 9 inch by 13-inch baking dish, combine the remaining mayonnaise mixture with half of the chicken tender slices and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
6. To assemble salad: Divide shredded cheese mixture into separate bowls. Top each portion with green beans, cooked chicken breast, and roasted ham slices or diced ham. Drizzle dressing over top of each salad to serve.
You may like: Belizean Potato Salad: Amazing 8 Ingredients Ideas
History of Lou Malnati’s Salad Recipe
Lou Malnati Jr., the owner of Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria, received this recipe from his father when he purchased the company in 1971. He credits his father’s vision and love for food as the true source of success behind Lou Malnati’s.
What is in Lou Malnati’s salad dressing?
The dressing used in Lou Malnati’s recipe is a mayonnaise mixture that contains olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings.
The original recipe included garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. The formula has since been modified to use mayonnaise and olive oil.
Does Lou Malnati sell their salad dressing?
While their salad dressing is available in grocery stores all over America, it is also available to purchase online at Lou Malnati’s website.
Lou Malnati’s Italian Salads
Lou Malnati Pizzeria
4757 S. Randall Rd.
Eastpointe, MI 48021
Phone: 313-447-0500 Website: loumalnatipizzeria.com
How many calories are in a Lou Malnati salad?
Does Lou Malnati’s have dairy-free pizza?
Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria does not offer dairy-free pizza to its customers. They do not carry any pizzas without cheese.
Can you take Lou Malnati’s salad to a picnic?
Lou Malnati Salad Recipe is not suitable for a picnic or barbecue; it is not an outdoor or carry-along recipe.
What kind of tomatoes does Lou Malnati use?
Lou Malnati’s salad recipe uses tomatoes that are fresh and ripe.
What kind of lettuce does Lou Malnati use?
Lou Malnati’s uses crisp, leafy green lettuce for their salad dressing.
Can you microwave Lou Malnati’s salad?
While it is not recommended, people have reported successfully microwaving the salad without altering the taste or texture of the dish.
Lou Malnati’s Salad Recipe is a family recipe passed down to Lou Malnati Jr. from his father, the founder of Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria.
This salad can be found in grocery stores all over America and is available online. Lou Malnati’s Salad Recipe is low in fat, calorie, and salt while high in fiber and protein.