Sour Patch Fruit Salad is a great fruit salad recipe for a picnic, cookout, or potluck. This is easy to make, and you can use whatever fruits are in season. The formula also includes instructions on how to make your favorite toppings yourself.
What is Sour Patch Fruit Salad?
This dish combines several different types of fruits, including mango, kiwi, pineapple, and apple. It also includes some nuts like pecans and almonds.
This recipe is great for entertaining because it can be made one to two days in advance and kept refrigerated until it’s time to serve it. This allows you to spend more time with your guests instead of slaving over a hot stove.
How to make Sour Patch Fruit Salad
1 pound of fresh fruit (apples, mangoes, peaches, strawberries)
1/2 cup sour patch candy
1 pound assorted nuts and seeds
1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Wash fruit thoroughly. Drain and remove pits or seeds to prevent the fruit from becoming discolored over time.
2. Slice fruit into bite-sized pieces and set aside in a large glass bowl; mix with lemon juice to ensure that the fruit doesn’t turn brown before serving.
3. Chop nuts and cranberries into bite-sized pieces and set them aside in a separate small bowl; stir the nuts and dried fruits together with sour patch candy until combined, then add this to the large glass bowl containing sliced fresh fruit.
4. Rinse out your plastic bowl and use it to mix the ingredients. Then return everything to the refrigerator, stir again when you leave for a few hours, then enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Sour Patch Fruit Salad
Health Benefits of Sour Patch Fruit Salad
This dish offers a wide variety of nutrition in each serving. It’s full of healthy fats from nuts and seeds and dietary fiber from fruits and vegetables.
This recipe also provides a good amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. These vitamins are important to maintaining healthy bones, teeth, and skin. High vitamin C intake also helps boost your immune system making you less likely to get sick.
Great 5 Freezing Ideas for Sour Patch Fruit Salad
1. Enjoy Sour Patch Fruit Salad as a snack. Eat it on crackers, spread it on a slice of bread, or even have it as an after-dinner treat!
2. Serve Sour Patch Fruit Salad to kids and let them help you prepare the fruit. Please encourage them to mix the ingredients, too!
3. Try making Sour Patch Fruit Salad into a cheese ball by melting shredded cheese into the fruit salad and then shaping it into balls before covering with plastic wrap and refrigerating until ready to serve.
4. Try floating sliced fresh fruit on top of a Sour Patch Fruit Salad bowl. Adding fruit helps soften things up and sweetens the dish without needing to add sugar or additional sweeteners.
5. Use this recipe as a base for a dessert snack or meal by adding your favorite chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins! After you chew these bites, it will feel like a little piece of heaven in your mouth!
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This recipe is not recommended for pregnant women due to the number of cranberries and dried fruit used.
The fruit contains small amounts of natural sugar, which is safe during pregnancy and helps support a healthy pregnancy by providing additional vitamins for mom and baby.
Price Of Sour Patch Fruit Salad
This recipe is very budget-friendly since you can buy all the ingredients for less than US$6.00. With just a little bit of cooking, you can make a nice fruit salad that’s super healthy in your kitchen!
Where To Get Sour Patch Fruit Salad
You can get a large variety of fruits at local farmer’s markets during the summer months, especially in California and Florida. You might want to call ahead to ensure they still have some before going out to the market.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
This recipe is great for heart patients. It’s a combination of low-fat fruit, healthy fats from nuts and seeds, and the sour patch that helps to add fiber to your diet.
Is It Healthy For Kids?
Sour Patch Fruit Salad?
The list of fruits used in this Sour Patch Fruit Salad recipe is just example. Feel free to experiment by swapping in your favorites.
Nuts and Seeds?
In this recipe, we used a variety of nuts that are available all year round. Feel free to use your favorite type of nut or seed.
You can create a fancy presentation by making Sour Patch Fruit Salad into balls like cheese ball appetizers and then arranging them on a platter with fresh fruit slices.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe and will give it a try! We’d like to hear your thoughts on this recipe, too. Please note any comments or questions in the comment section below if you have any comments or questions.