Spanish Seafood Salad is a healthy and light summer salad perfect for those hot days. It consists of fresh Mediterranean seafood, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
If you’re looking for a simple dinner recipe that doesn’t require you to use too much effort but is still taste-tacular, then this is your recipe.
What is a Spanish Seafood Salad?
As the name suggests, this salad is from Spain. It is usually eaten as a complete meal. It is not only delectable, but it’s also healthy and nutritious.
How to make Spanish Seafood Salad
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 2 red onions, yellow onion, or shallots
- 10 prawns, shrimp, or langoustines (optional)
- 200 grams of squid, as you prefer (optional)
- A handful of black olives (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 120 ml olive oil plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to drizzle over the salad
1. The first step is to remove the stalks and seeds from the tomatoes.
2. Combine half of the tomato’s juice with the olive oil in a bowl. The amount of vegetable juice should be between 60-and 80 grams. If you have leftover vegetable juice, use it instead of fresh vegetable juice.
3. Add two or three tablespoons of salt to the remainder of the tomato juice and add it to the bowl with olive oil and salt.
4. Chop up the tomato stalks and add them to the bowl.
5. Slice the tomato’s flesh into thin strips and add them to the bowl.
6. In another bowl, combine half of the lemon juice with half olive oil and sprinkle in some salt. Set that aside, too.
7. Chop the peppers into thin strips. They don’t necessarily have to be in a certain shape, as long as they’re uniform in size.
8. Dice up your onions and add them to the bowl of tomatoes.
9. Wash the prawns, shrimp, or langoustines, pat them dry with a paper towel, and toss them into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
10. Add the rest of the lemon juice into the bowl, and mix it all up.
11. Spoon this mixture into a serving bowl, sprinkle some black olives around, and drizzle with a few extra virgin olive oil drops.
The Spanish Seafood Salad is now ready to be served!
7 Health Benefits of Spanish Seafood Salad
1. It’s good for your skin.
Dried tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, which protect the skin from harmful free radicals. They can also help reverse skin damage caused by sun damage.
2. It’s good for your heart.
Tuna is one of the most healthy fish you can eat, and since it’s dark red, it is rich in the substance called lutein that helps keep arteries healthy and prevent blood clots from forming.
3. It’s good for your blood pressure.
The extra omega-3 fatty acids in the Spanish Seafood Salad may benefit people with high blood pressure. Omega-3 fatty acids lower cholesterol levels and help prevent strokes and heart attacks!
4. It’s good for your skin.
Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that can help fight skin cancer.
5. It’s good for your eyesight and brain function.
Tuna is a good source of vitamin D, which helps with bone formation and may also prevent cancer. The same goes for squid, as it contains vitamin B12, which can help keep our brains sharp.
6. It’s good for your metabolism and digestion.
The squid in Spanish Seafood Salad is extremely beneficial for treating digestive problems because it’s rich in L-Glutamine, which improves the healing process of your stomach.
7. It’s good for your heart.
It is a rich source of selenium, which helps to fight free radicals and can also help protect your body against heart attacks!
Can I Freeze It?
You can cook the Spanish Seafood Salad and freeze it. If you do this, boil the salad in step 1 first before adding the fish in steps 9 and 10. After adding all of the fish, continue to toss the salad in step 11.
Can I Eat it Raw?
Yes. The Spanish Seafood Salad works well as a raw dish. Just add all of the ingredients together and toss them together.
Is It Healthy?
How Soon Can I Eat It?
The Spanish Seafood Salad should be eaten within 5 days. If you don’t eat it all at once, separate it into smaller portions before storing it in the fridge.
Can Kids Eat It?
Yes, as long as they’re accustomed to the taste of seafood. Kids can also add their twist and use their favorite ingredients or toppings instead of adult ingredients like olives and olive oil.
Does It Contain Any Dairy?
No, all of the ingredients are plant-based. There is no dairy whatsoever in Spanish Seafood Salad.
When Should I Eat It?
Anytime! The Spanish Seafood Salad is easy to make, and it can be eaten either as a side dish or as a meal on its own. Enjoy!
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
No, pregnant women should avoid eating canned fish.
Is It Suitable For Vegetarians?
Yes, all ingredients are plant-based, but you might want to skip or swap out the prawns, shrimp, or langoustines if you’re a strict vegetarian.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you did, then please leave a rating and review below. Also, if there is any ingredient you can’t find in your local store that you want to substitute, please let me know in the comments below.
Finally, if there is a dish or meal that you would like me to make, let me know in the comments below! I’m happy to try out new dishes and show everyone new recipes.