Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is in high demand. There has never been a shortage of dessert options for your sweet tooth, from the black and white cookie to brownie bites to biscotti.
However, if you’re looking for new recipes, one place you might not think of looking is the web.
We’ve gathered the top 20 recipe sites with their best desserts on them so that you can start cooking tasty delights today.
What is Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe?
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is made of chicken salad and cookies or biscotti dipped in a white chocolate glaze then drizzled with a dark chocolate ganache.
The idea for the cookie came from Ruth Goldman, who was trying to use up some black and white cookies from a previous cookie-making attempt.
How to make Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg separated
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk (I use 1% since that’s what I had)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar (may vary for personal taste)
- 3 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature (about 1/3 of a package)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder.
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together all the dry ingredients, except the instant espresso. Beat in the egg yolk.
3. Mix in the buttermilk and oil, then stir in the cheese and vanilla. Scrape onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes until you have an elastic dough that holds together; it’s okay if it’s a little sticky, so don’t be afraid to add some flour.
4. Roll the dough out into a 1/2-inch thick slab, then cut out the chicken salad chick cookies.
5. Arrange the cookies on a non-stick baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
6. While still warm, dip each cookie in the egg white and the sugar/white powder mixture and lightly coat again with melted butter.
7. Immediately dip in the melted dark chocolate and place it on a serving plate.
8. Drizzle with ganache and place in the refrigerator to set for about 5 minutes.
9. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve, preferably overnight or at least 4 hours. If you do not wait long enough, the chocolate drizzle will get all clumpy!
Health Benefits of Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
One of the reasons I love chicken salad is because it seems to be full of good things for you. According to The Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul, chicken salad consists of a variety of bright and healthy ingredients,
including celery, fresh herbs, grapes, apples, and walnuts. It contains no fat, sodium, or cholesterol and is high-protein.
When making my chicken salad recipe, I decided to continue the trend and use fruits such as bananas and blueberries.
Amazing 7 Freezing Ideas of Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
Step 1. Add a photoshoot twist to your chicken salad: Make a chicken salad and spread it out in a thin layer over a freezer paper-covered baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet into the freezer. Print out a few pictures of objects or people and place them below your chicken salad so that when super cold, they will freeze on top of the chicken salad.
Step 2. Freeze watermelon to use in ice cream: Slice watermelon into thin cubes, then freeze. When you want to make frozen yogurt, toss in the freezer cubes!
Step 3. Freeze cookies to bake later: Get a cookie sheet and line it with wax or parchment paper. Grab your favorite cookie recipe and fill it on the sheet.
Once you have one layer on the sheet, could you put it in the freezer? You will be able to stack two of these cookie sheets in your freezer, so freeze as many cookies as possible before making ice cream!
Step 4. Freeze fruit to make fruit popsicles: Fill your mason jar with frozen fruit, then screw the lid on. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Add a little bit of water to your popsicle maker to speed up the freezing process, and serve the popsicles! No oven required!
Step 5. Freeze water: Fill a pitcher halfway with water, then freeze it in the freezer for at least 1 hour, or until solid. That way, water freezes quicker without the hassle of measuring out a bunch of ice cubes!
Step 6. Freeze chocolate to melt into smoothies: Melt a block of chocolate in a microwave and mix with your favorite smoothie base. Top with your favorite fruit and enjoy!
Step 7. Make frosting in one bowl: Fill a bowl with frosting (I prefer raspberry, but it’s up to you), then toss in some frozen blueberries.
Is It Healthy?
Anything made with cream cheese is probably not healthy, as it is fat-laden. In general, though, I think you can enjoy the chicken salad as long as you don’t have a high-fat diet. If you like the recipe and can use it, good for you!
Is It Gluten-Free?
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is gluten-free. However, many people are sensitive to gluten and may not eat this mixture without experiencing adverse effects.
Is it Paleo?
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is not a Paleo recipe. But if you are following a Paleo diet, it can be used as an occasional treat!
What Can I Serve with Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe?
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe pairs well with chicken and cold cuts, so that’s what I would choose to serve it with. But because it is so filling and delicious, this cookie is perfect as a lunch or snack.
You can also serve it with soup or fish. If you’re anything like me, you can’t help but eat the cookie cold. If it’s just a little too warm to eat, you can store it in the refrigerator until your next mealtime.
Is It Kosher?
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is not Kosher. Besides the cream cheese, all ingredients are considered kosher.
I’m a Vegetarian. Can I Still Enjoy Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe?
If you are a vegetarian, you may not enjoy chicken salad. However, many people do enjoy it because it uses ingredients such as vegetables and fruits. Save this chicken salad chick cookie recipe for your non-vegetarian friend!
How Much Does Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe Cost?
Unfortunately, I have no idea how much this recipe costs because I made my chicken salad using homemade mayonnaise, eggs, and other ingredients.
Price In Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
The cost of chicken salad depends on whether you make your recipe or buy it from a restaurant.
The average price for a salad from Chicken Salad Chick is $6.49 and maybe more if you go to their store in NYC.
The Cost of My Recipe
The ingredients for my recipe are available for about $10 at my local grocery store. I like the taste of this recipe, and the presentation is so cute! You can’t get that at any restaurants.
The Bottom Line
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is an excellent way to enjoy an affordable chicken salad without all the hassle of making it. Just serve and enjoy!
What do you think of my recipe? Have you tried anything like this before? What did you think? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.