Why Restaurant Salads are Better is one of the most popular dishes on restaurant menus, but people often wonder why.
In this blog post, we’re going to talk about 11 reasons why salads are better than other dishes you might order at a restaurant!
11 Reasons Why Restaurant Salads are Better
1. If you want to be lighter, don’t load it up with extras like cheese and croutons.
2. Add seafood like shrimp or grilled fish for protein content and an extra flavor kick!
3. Make your dressing with olive oil and vinegar, making the salad healthier because all you’re eating is vegetables and a few calories added in from this delicious dressing maneuver.
4. Avoid adding high-sodium ingredients like bacon bits – instead, add cucumbers, olives, or avocado for a perfect salt replacement that’ll make the flavor pop without the guilt of too much sodium intake!
5) The best part about restaurant salads is that they let you pick what works best for your body type AND dietary needs making it the best option out there for people who want to eat healthily but also enjoy a range of options when it comes to what they’re putting in their body.
You may like: How Much Lettuce For 50 Salads?
6) If you’re craving something indulgent, start with one of their flavorsome low-calorie appetizers like the soup, or check out our Best Healthy Restaurants posts on our website to find a restaurant that provides excellent healthy options.
7) Never order from the kid’s menu.
8) You can feel free to ask for omit croutons/cheese/unnecessary dressing from any dish you’re ordering – as long as it’s at a buffet-style restaurant!
That way, you won’t have to give up any of your favorites just because they’re unhealthy options, but rather by omitting them or asking for certain things, you can get what you want instead of settling for an alternative which will typically be based around salad and vegetables.
9) If you’re looking to get healthier, one of the most significant changes you’ll need to make is switching out your cheap standard meats with something more nutritious like fish or wild game.
10) If you’re at a restaurant that doesn’t have healthy options, eat before you go or order something light like an appetizer or vegetable dish – but always try to avoid eating anything fried!
11) Make sure to ask for dressings on the side so you can control the amount you want to add in. This way, you don’t have to worry about using too much and overpaying for something you didn’t plan on!
Whether you’re looking for a healthy lunch option or need to get your greens in, salads are the way to go.
We hope this list has helped you find that perfect salad recipe – feel free to share it with us on social media! Don’t forget about these 11 reasons why restaurant salads are better too!