How Many Salads Are There, There is the classic salad with lettuce, veggies, and a dressing. This might be your go-to salad when you’re in a hurry or don’t want to get creative.
But that’s not the only type of salad! You can have pasta salads, fruit salads, vegan salads–the list goes on and on.
So next time you’re looking for something different to eat, try one of these fantastic types of salads! This post will show you some great recipes, so get ready because it’s about to get good up in here!
A Balanced Plate of 25 Salad Recipes
1. Raspberry, Feta, and Pistachio Salad- this salad is perfect for people who love fruit because it has fresh raspberries and dried cranberries in the mix. It also has feta cheese which is a good source of protein.
2. Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Kale- this recipe uses kale instead of lettuce, making it higher in nutrients than most salads.
This one is perfect for Whole 30 because it can be made without any oil or sugar when eating Whole 30.
3. Citrus Salad- this salad is a big citrus lover’s dream because it comes with orange, grapefruit, and lime, but you can also add in more of your favorite citrus fruits if you would like to. This goes well with seafood dishes.
4. Cucumber, Tomato, Avocado Salad- this recipe has three of the most popular healthy fats in one dish, making it perfect for people trying to get healthier or fit into their wedding dress quickly.
It can be eaten cold or hot depending on how much time you have, so it’s very versatile as well.
5. Potato Salad- don’t worry, this isn’t a done deal yet! There’s a twist on traditional potato salad that makes this recipe very low-calorie and still tasty.
It has dill, green onions, celery seed, mustard, and garlic, so it’s still flavorful but at the same time light for summer days.
6. Carrot Salad- carrots are known as an antioxidant food that is perfect for detoxing the body.
This salad is very simple to make. Just cut up your carrots into thin slices before adding some salt and pepper with olive oil on top!
7. Beet Salad- this beet salad can be eaten cold or warm depending on how much time you have.
The balsamic vinegar gives it the perfect amount of tang while cutting out some fat like mayo would do in traditional potato salads.
People who love fruits like oranges will also enjoy this salad because it has oranges in it!
8. Mango Avocado Salad- another favorite fruit salad of ours is this mango avocado salad which brings together mangos, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and red onions for a unique flavor combination.
This dish is also served with lime juice on top to make the flavors pop even more.
9. Fattoush- this Middle Eastern recipe fattoush is made with pita chips instead of bread or toast, making it lower cal than most salads out there.
It’s perfect for people who are watching their weight but still want to have something tasty!
10. Tomato Basil Salad- this is just your tomato basil salad, except the ingredients are cut up very small, so it’s easier to eat.
11. Greek Chickpea Salad- this recipe is filled with chickpeas, diced cucumber, celery, kalamata olives, lemon juice, red onion, and garlic powder.
It also includes some protein because chickpeas are included in this dish!
12. Cabbage Slaw with Raisins and Apples- cabbage slaw isn’t just another bland side dish out there. It can be made into a rich salad like this with raisins and apples to give it a tangy flavor people will love!
13. Black Bean Taco Salad- taco salads are perfect for people who want something yummy but also healthy because they aren’t fried, and they give a good amount of protein with the black beans in the mix.
14. Moroccan Carrot & Chickpea Salad- this salad is simple to make. Just put everything into a food processor until it’s finely chopped up, then add some seasoning!
This dish has both carrots and chickpeas, so it is very filling too.
15. Cheesy Broccoli Salad is another great side dish that can be turned into something even better than just broccoli!
It has avocado, cheddar cheese, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard powder, salt pepper, sunflower seeds,
and sweet pickle relishes all combined for a fantastic salad taste that will leave you wanting more after every bite.
16. Grilled Peach Avocado Salad- this salad is very hearty because it has grilled peaches, cucumber, onion,
romaine lettuce, jalapeno peppers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt pepper, and feta cheese combined for a sweet but healthy dish.
17. Chef’s Salad- chef’s salads are also known as iced tea salads because they were first made by chefs who didn’t want to waste any food leftover from their restaurant guests, so they created these delicious meals. That somehow still tastes good even after being refrigerated overnight!
This is another of our favorite recipes due to its simplicity; just put everything into the bowl, then toss it with some dressing!
18. Shrimp & Mango Rice Salad- this fruit salad is easy to make and tastes great for anyone who loves shrimp and mangoes!
It can be made with butter lettuce, rice vinegar oils, salt pepper, red chili flakes, garlic powder, green onion instead of shrimp, and mangoes.
You may like: Does Dominos Not Have Salads Anymore?
19. Berry Spinach Salad- we prefer mixing spinach leaves with berries because it gives it a sweet taste, so instead of getting an unhealthy cake after dinner, you can have this yummy dish which
will give your body some good nutrients and vitamins as well! Toppings like sunflower seeds and feta cheese are preferred.
20. Shrimp Avocado Salad- shrimps are another type of seafood that people love, so they instantly turn an ordinary dish into an extraordinary dish when adding them to salads.
This salad has shrimp (of course), avocado, jicama, grape tomatoes, cilantro leaves, lime juice, honey mustard dressing oil.
21. Lemon Chicken Spinach Salad is the perfect dinner meal for the summertime because it includes spinach that you can easily purchase at farmer’s markets and organic food stores!
It also includes chicken breasts (obviously). It has some marinade ingredients like lemon juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt pepper, rosemary thyme, garlic cloves, ginger soy sauce, corn starch parsley.
22. Broccoli Slaw with Baked Chicken -this recipe includes a simple and easy way to make broccoli slaw by cutting up broccoli and adding red cabbage and carrots for that extra flavor.
You can add baked chicken (get the recipe) green onions to make it more fun.
23. Cajun Chicken Pasta Salad- this dish has pasta (obviously), cajun seasoning, cream of mushroom soup, condensed milk, green bell pepper, green onion,
black olives, red onion, rotisserie chicken breast are chopped up to make it easier to eat.
24. Tuna Bean Salad- tuna salad is another classic side dish but can quickly become a main course like this one which has both beans and mayo all combined
with the tuna, you can have a tasty salad everyone will enjoy instead of eating unhealthy foods for dinner!
25. Greek Orzo Pasta Salad– this salad is another excellent summer side dish because it has orzo pasta, cucumber feta cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano salt pepper.
The best way to get a healthy and balanced meal is by eating from all food groups. While we often associate salads with vegetables,
they also contain proteins, grains, and fruits which can provide you with plenty of nutrients for the day. You don’t have to be limited in your salad recipes either – there are 25 different options right here!
15 thoughts on “How Many Salads Are There: A Balanced Plate of 25 Salad Recipes”