Ensalada De Papa Colombiana is a traditional salad made with cut-up boiled potatoes, chorizo sausage, onion, green pepper, and hardboiled eggs.
It’s best served as an accompaniment to the main dish if you’re new to this recipe!
What is Ensalada De Papa Colombiana?
Ensalada de Papa Colombiana is a traditional Colombian dish served cold as a side dish. Traditionally it’s made with boiled potatoes, onion, and chorizo with hardboiled eggs. The eggs are then cracked into the salad and broken up slightly.
How to make Ensalada De Papa Colombiana
- 200 grams of boiled potatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 green pepper
- A handful of chopped coriander
- 3 hardboiled eggs
1. Chop the boiled potatoes into small chunks and place them in a bowl with sliced onions and green peppers.
2. Add the chopped coriander leaves to the bowl and stir until well combined.
3. Then, break the eggs over the bowl and mix until they’re evenly distributed. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
Nutrition facts of Ensalada De Papa Colombiana
|Saturated fat||0 grams|
Why eat Ensalada De Papa Colombiana?
This is a great dish to eat if you try to watch your weight or stay healthy.
The boiled potatoes and eggs provide this dish with a good source of protein, and the onions, green peppers, and coriander add fiber.
Fiber helps with digestion and lowers the impact carbohydrates have on blood sugar levels, which can help you stay fuller for longer.
Health Benefits of Ensalada De Papa Colombiana
Ensalada de Papa Colombiana may be a tasty and refreshing dish, but it has many health benefits. These benefits can include:
Lowers Cholesterol “Eating a diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol. People with high cholesterol should eat at least 50 grams of fiber daily to see an improvement in their cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
Amazing 5 Freezing Ideas of Ensalada De Papa Colombiana
1. Freeze the sliced onions and peppers alone in separate freezer bags. This way, you can use whatever amount you need when making Ensalada De Papa Colombiana.
2. Freeze the boiled potatoes. Once defrosted, they will be warm and soft, which is great for mashing sour cream and making a delicious side dish or topping for nachos.
3. Freeze the eggs whole to be ready to go when you want to use them later in a recipe like egg salad, cheesy scrambled eggs, etc.
4. Freeze leftovers in airtight containers for a delicious, healthy meal later.
5. Freeze the Ensalada De Papa Colombiana with the vegetables, chorizo, and eggs already mixed in to make an easy, complete meal.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, Ensalada De Papa Colombiana is healthy and is a great example of how a dish can be delicious and healthy at the same time.
The boiled potatoes, onions, pepper, and chorizo are high in fiber which helps with digestion. The eggs have protein as well as are low in calories.
How to store?
You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days. It can also be frozen for up to three months if stored in an airtight container.
So now you know everything you need to know about this delicious Colombian dish.
Is It Suitable For Children?
Ensalada de Papa Colombiana is suitable for children as long as they follow the recipe. Children don’t need to add salt and pepper to the dish, but they must be supervised while preparing it.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
Ensalada de Papa Colombiana is great for people with diabetes. The boiled potatoes and eggs are low in carbohydrates and have a good source of protein.
Is It Safe In Pregnancy?
Ensalada de Papa Colombiana is safe for pregnant women to eat when made, as stated in the recipe. This dish can help with weight loss due to its high fiber content and low amounts of fat and sugar.
Is It Fire Fighting Material?
Ensalada de Papa Colombiana is great for clearing the nasal passages and can aid in weight loss. This dish is easily prepared as long as you know what you’re doing.
What Are The Different Types Of Potato?
Thanks to the many varieties of potatoes grown in different parts of the world, many potatoes exist. These include:
These potatoes have a light color, usually with smooth skin. Russet potatoes are the type of potato that is often boiled for Ensalada de Papa Colombiana. They are long, straight, and triangular-shaped
these potatoes have a bright yellow color a rough skin and are treated with pesticides to ward off aphids (plant lice). They are good for boiling in Ensalada de Papa Colombiana but not in salads as they don’t hold their shape.
Yukon Gold potatoes
these potatoes have an orange color and smooth skin.
The Bottom Line
Ensalada de Papa Colombiana is a traditional Colombian dish served as a side dish and often cooked in the oven. It’s a great example of how a healthy dish doesn’t have to be bland.