Carla Hall Egg Salad is an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, and TV personality who is best known for hosting the Food Network competition show “Chopped” and as a co-host of the daytime talk shows The Chew.
Carla Hall Egg Salad can be found on her website. Carla Hall has recently shared her recipe for a simple egg salad that she makes at home with the internet.
What is Carla Hall Egg Salad?
Carla Hall Egg Salad is an egg salad mixed with various other ingredients. Recipes for this type of egg salad vary somewhat, but typically, the only required elements are hard-boiled eggs, mayo, and optional seasonings.
How to make
Carla Hall Egg Salad can be made quickly and easily at home and requires only a few simple.
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Generous 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
1. Place the cold eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add mayonnaise and mix well. (You can use less mayo, but it will not be as tasty if your egg salad is too dry.)
3. Add celery, red onion, and chives and mix.
4. Fold in some crisp lettuce leaves and serve on a sandwich with some tomato or pickle on the side.
5. Carla Hall Egg Salad is also excellent served as a filling between two slices of pumpernickel bread.
This recipe for Carla Hall Egg Salad is one of the older recipes in the “Chopped” books, but it has remained popular on the show, and there are several variations on the recipe.
The original Carla Hall egg salad recipe used 2 hard-boiled eggs, a quarter cup of mayonnaise, and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives. The seasoning was salt and pepper to taste with no added spices.
The ingredients for Carla Hall Egg Salad are not expensive; the most expensive part of making this recipe is the eggs. A half dozen eggs are priced at $2.99, and this recipe requires four of them.
The plastic container of mayonnaise is $1.25, and the celery, onions, and chives are less than a dollar each. The total cost is around $5.00 for enough Carla Hall Egg Salad to serve 12 people.
Carla Hall Egg Salad is a healthy dish. Most of the ingredients are vegetables and contain no fat except mayonnaise. The mayonnaise will add some fat, but it is a good source of protein.
Carla Hall Egg Salad also fills you up, so it does not make for a very good diet dish. One of those recipes should be eaten only occasionally to satisfy a craving.
7 Health Nutrition of Carla Hall Egg Salad
1. Eggs are rich in protein.
2. Celery, the most used ingredient in this recipe, is an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
3. Onions are loaded with antioxidants and are good for your heart.
4. Chives offer a mustardy flavor for a small investment of calories.
5. Eggs contain healthy fats that help your brain function and help protect you from cardiovascular disease and diabetes when eaten in moderation.
6. Mayonnaise is low in calories but rich in vitamins A, D, B12, and calcium. It can be used as a substitute for sour cream and does not contain lactic acid bacteria that might lead to the growth of harmful bacteria.
7. This recipe is one of the main ingredients for Carla Hall Egg Salad that balances a healthy diet and keeps it interesting.
Can I Freeze It?
Carla Hall Egg Salad does not freeze well. The mayonnaise separates from the egg whites, and it becomes quite soggy and unappealing.
Can I Eat It Raw?
Cooking eggs kills any salmonella bacteria present in the eggs, so Carla Hall Egg Salad can be eaten raw if you like.
However, cooking it will kill all bacteria and make it more nutritious, so it is recommended that you cook this recipe before eating it.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
Carla Hall Egg Salad will not cause cardiovascular disease because it contains few calories.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics?
Carla Hall Egg Salad is not recommended for people with diabetes because of the combination of protein and carbohydrates present in the mayonnaise. This could cause a spike in your blood sugar levels.
Is It Suitable For Kids?
Carla Hall Egg Salad is not kid-friendly; the taste is rather bland, and the eggs are hard to cut when they are cold.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Carla Hall Egg Salad is not good for pregnant women because of the high protein content of eggs.
Is It Good For Vegetarians?
Carla Hall Egg Salad is not vegetarian-friendly because it contains egg, a high-protein animal product, and gelatin made from animal skin, which some vegetarians avoid eating.
Is It Good For People With Celiac Disease?
Carla Hall Egg Salad does not contain any gluten ingredients, and it does not contain any genetically modified ingredients.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Carla Hall Egg Salad does not contain any gluten ingredients or ingredients made from gluten.
Is It GMO-Free?
Carla Hall Egg Salad does not contain any genetically modified ingredients.
Is It Cheap and Easy To Make?
Carla Hall Egg Salad is very easy to make, as long as you know how to boil eggs. A batch of Carla Hall Egg Salad will cost around $5.00, which means it is among the cheapest recipes you can make at home.
The Bottom Line
Carla Hall Egg Salad is one of the first recipes you can make in the Chopped kitchen, and it has remained popular among fans of the show.
It is one of the family-friendly dishes on Chopped, but it has a mild taste that is not appealing to children. Therefore, it is not suitable for kids or pregnant women.